ENG – 20221108 Feature and requirements pmslink
char pmslink is an intelligent middleware that allows the integration between:
- Equipment and devices used in a hotel for internal processes or aimed directly at providing service to its clients, including local or remote communications systems (PBX), room and dependency access systems (cards and/or mobile), internet access systems (HOTSPOT), interactive TV systems, home automation systems, energy efficiency systems, and in general any equipment or device installed.
- Management systems in general, whether developed in-house or by third parties: hotel management systems (PMS), CRM, databases, guest applications, incident systems, productivity, etc.
This annex defines the terms and characteristics regarding the specific provision of the pmslink service, if it has been contracted, and within the general contract signed between the CONTRACTOR and char, forming part of it to all effects and purposes.
The purpose of the pmslink service is to provide the CONTRACTOR and char with the necessary works and elements to carry out the integration, according to the contracted modules, of the following services:
The system is provided as a supply of services that encompasses the elements necessary for its realisation:
- char‘s own licences and software modules, which would be necessary to install for data processing and/or connectivity between the EQUIPMENT and the PMS management systems.
- Technical work for installation, start-up, training, maintenance and in general any work directly related to the provision of the service and related to char software modules.
2. Scope and limitations of integration with EQUIPMENT and PMS
The scope and functionality of the integration with the EQUIPMENT and PMS is conditional to:
- The possibility of its realisation: The different EQUIPMENT and PMS to be integrated must provide appropriate interfaces or means for this.
- The available data and action interfaces: the integration with the EQUIPMENT and PMS will be limited only by the information and functionalities supported by them, char offers in all cases the possibility to process all the information and functionalities that the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS can offer. char is not responsible for the functionalities that are not supported by the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS, nor for the correct processing of the integrated functionalities by the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS.
There is no licensed limit on the number of EQUIPMENT and PMS possible to integrate. The only limitation on this will be the technological and/or physical limits that the hardware and/or O.S. on which the software modules involved are based can support.
Not included within the scope of integration:
- The necessary interfaces and/or physical means of connection, communications, equipment and/or hardware devices of any kind. Also excluded from the contracted service are any third-party software elements.
3. Connection between EQUIPMENT AND PMS
char will carry out the connections with the EQUIPMENT and PMS involved remotely, according to what is established in the general conditions of the service contract. The CONTRACTOR will provide the necessary collaboration from its staff.
These connections will be carried out through the local installation of the drivers and/or software modules, property of char, which could be necessary.
The licence for the use of these drivers and/or software modules will be given in deposit to the CONTRACTOR without additional charges to the contracted service and for the duration of the service.
The CONTRACTOR must provide the hardware equipment, operating systems and, in general, any licence, authorisation or third party elements that may be necessary to carry out the processes required for the provision of the contracted service.
Integration with the EQUIPMENT and PMS will be done, as appropriate, by means of:
- The mechanisms and protocols agreed between char and the different EQUIPMENT and PMS through certification, technological agreement or means used in connections usually made between them.
- Emulating the protocols of other systems supported by the EQUIPMENT and PMS.
- By means of standard protocols provided by char as integration APIs.
- By adapting char interfaces according to the specifications provided by the EQUIPMENT and PMS.
In the case of EQUIPMENT and PMS without certified interfaces with char, char commits itself to carry out the necessary integration work without this representing an additional cost to the contracted service, and within the deadlines that char deems reasonably necessary. These deadlines will be subject to the availability of the supplier of the EQUIPMENT and PMS for its development, testing and/or certification processes.
The possible costs that the supplier of the EQUIPMENT and PMS may require from the CONTRACTOR in order to facilitate the integration (works, adaptations, licenses, data lines, etc.) will be provided and fully assumed by the CONTRACTOR.
The integration with the EQUIPMENT and PMS shall be adapted during the course of the contract to the changes that may occur in them, as well as to the integration with new EQUIPMENT and/or PMS that may replace the existing ones at the time of the activation of the service. This adaptation shall be duly assessed at the time of its occurrence.
char will coordinate with the personnel of the CONTRACTOR to carry out these connection and commissioning works.
The CONTRACTOR must facilitate the collaboration of its own personnel, or personnel contracted under its responsibility, to carry out the necessary work on the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS, checks, tests, and in general any task that is necessary to carry out on them and that involves remote or on-site work and/or physical checks at the place of installation.
char is not responsible for the operation or maintenance of the hardware equipment or software modules of third parties that may be involved in these connections, being these under the responsibility of the CONTRACTOR, even though char will collaborate as necessary to solve any incident that may arise.
CHAR will provide remote training to the personnel of the CONTRACTOR about the technical characteristics of the connections made, and the use, if necessary, of the installed software modules, as well as the protocol of action in case of incidents.
The CONTRACTOR shall provide at the time-of-service activation the data necessary to process the data supplied by the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS for the configuration that may be necessary for the correct connection with the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS involved (rooms, characteristics, numbering plans, rates, etc.).
char will notify the CONTRACTOR, to the contacts and addresses specified, of all the incidences that are detected in the connection with the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS.
char will collaborate in the resolution of these incidents, facilitating the report to the supplier involved and will keep the CONTRACTOR informed of their resolution, although it will not assume any responsibility in the terms, methods and conditions for this, since it is under the exclusive competence and responsibility of the supplier of the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS involved.
Even if these incidents were to prevent the ultimate purpose of the service contracted with char, it is understood that these are beyond char‘s control, being its only obligation to detect and report them and that the claims to which the CONTRACTOR is entitled should be made directly to the supplier of the EQUIPMENT and/or PMS as the party responsible for its own systems and processes.